Scholarship Terms and Conditions
WEBER SHANDWICK + ES.AI SCHOLARSHIP
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO PARTICIPATE. INTERNET ACCESS REQUIRED. DATA CHARGES MAY APPLY.
Sponsor: IPG DXTRA, Inc., d/b/a Weber Shandwick, 909 Third Avenue, New York, NY 10022 Partner: ES.AI Toolkit LLC, 401 W 25, New York, NY 10001
- SCHOLARSHIP PERIOD The Weber Shandwick + ES.AI Scholarship (THE “Scholarship”) begins at 12:00 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) on October 9, 2023 and ends at 11:59 p.m. ET on November 27, 2023 (the “Scholarship Application Window”). The computer clock of the Administrator is the official time-keeping device of the Scholarship Application Window.
- ELIGIBILITY: This Scholarship is open only to legal U.S. residents who are (1) at least 13 years of age and (2) rising high school seniors (Class of 2024) or students who are accepted to or currently enrolled in an accredited college or university (including community colleges) at the time of entry. Employees of Sponsor, Partner, and each of their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, wholesalers and retailers (collectively, “Scholarship Entities”) and each of their immediate family members (e.g., spouse, parent, child, sibling, and their respective spouses and the “steps” of each, regardless of where they reside) and persons living in the same household of each, whether or not related, are not eligible to enter or win.
Participation constitutes applicant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s decisions and interpretations, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Scholarship. For purposes of the Scholarship, an applicant’s residential address and e-mail address will be the physical address and e-mail address submitted at the time of entry.
- HOW TO ENTER: During the Scholarship Application Window, visit www.esai.ai/pages/scholarship (the “Website”) and follow the directions provided to complete the entry form. This will include providing your name, address, year in school, email address and phone number and answering the essay question: How can emerging tech be used to create a more equal and accessible world? (the “Scholarship Application”). Scholarship Applications must be in a permissible format and between 400 and 600 words as determined solely by Sponsor. All Scholarship Applications must be received by November 27, 2023 at 11:59 p.m. ET to be considered. Limit one (1) Scholarship Application per person throughout the Scholarship Application Window.
Scholarship Applications that appear to duplicate any other submitted entries, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, will be void and only the first entry submitted (based on time/date) will be considered for the Scholarship. Scholarship Applications may be assisted by the use of AI tools like ES.AI but may not be entirely generated by script, macro or other automated means or in violation of these Official Rules will be void. Your submission of a Scholarship Application constitutes your representation of eligibility, consent to participate in Scholarship and consent for Sponsor to obtain, use, and transfer your name, address and other information for the purpose of Scholarship administration.
- REQUIREMENTS OF SCHOLARSHIP APPLICANTS: To be considered for the Scholarship, Scholarship Applications must: 1) Be the original, personal creation of the applicant (which may include the use of AI tools); 2) Not have been previously published, submitted for publication, screened, or publicly viewed; 3) Not infringe on any third-party rights; 4) Be suitable for publication as determined at the sole and absolute discretion of the Sponsor; 5) Not promote the use of drugs or tobacco, firearms/weapons or any activities that may be construed as illegal or violating any law; 6) Not depict or describe any activities that may appear unsafe or dangerous; 7) Not include obscenity, profanity, racist themes or material that is sexually oriented, explicit, suggestive or exploits people in a sexual or violent manner; 8) Not be violent or derogatory of any ethnic, racial, gender, sexual orientation, religious, professional or age group, profane or pornographic, contain nudity or any materially dangerous activity; 9) Not contain any personal identification, such as house or email addresses; 10) Not defame or invade publicity and/or intellectual property rights or the privacy of any person (living or deceased), or any entity (including without limitation any Scholarship Entity), or otherwise infringe upon any copyrighted works or a person’s personal or proprietary rights (including music, photographs, sculptures, paintings and other works of art or images published on or in websites, television, movies or other media); 11) Not contain materials embodying the names, likenesses, photographs, or other indicia identifying any person, living or dead, without permission; and 12) Not communicate messages or images inconsistent with the positive images and/or goodwill to which Sponsor wishes to associate. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entry that it determines, in its sole discretion, is offensive or inappropriate, not in keeping with Sponsor’s image or that is otherwise not in compliance with these Official Rules.
By submitting a Scholarship Application, Applicant acknowledges and agrees that Sponsor may obtain many Scholarship Applications in connection with this Scholarship, and that such Scholarship Applications may be similar or identical in theme, idea, format or other respects to other Scholarship Applications submitted in connection with this Scholarship and/or other contests sponsored by the Sponsor or submitted for other reasons or other materials developed by the Sponsor. Applicant waives any and all claims applicant may have had, may have, and/or may have in the future, that any Scholarship Application and/or other works accepted, reviewed and/or used by the applicant may be similar to his/her Scholarship Application, or that any compensation is due to applicant in connection with such Scholarship Application or other works used by Sponsor.
- SCHOLARSHIP JUDGING: All eligible Scholarship Applications will be judged by a panel of qualified judges selected by Sponsor and Partner, whose decisions will be final and binding in all matters relating to this Scholarship, based on the following judging criteria: quality of writing (1) originality, (2) creativity, (3) use of specific examples. No consideration will be given to academic grades, test scores, financial need, or any other factor. All decisions are final.
- WINNER NOTIFICATION: Two (2) potential Scholarship Winners (the “Scholarship Winners”) will be chosen from all qualified Applications and will be notified by phone and or email on or about December 15, 2023. Potential Scholarship Winners will be required to complete an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability and Publicity Release (unless prohibited by law) and any other documents required by Sponsor, which must be returned within ten (10) days of the date appearing on Scholarship notification. Applicants under the age of majority in their home state will be required to have a parent or legal guardian co-sign the Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability and Publicity Release, and any other documents required by Sponsor (“Required Documents”). Return of a Scholarship or Scholarship notification as undeliverable, failure to sign and return requested documentation within the specified time period, the inability of Sponsor to contact a potential winner within a reasonable time period or noncompliance with these Official Rules by any potential winner will result in disqualification and, at Sponsor’s sole discretion, the Scholarship (if applicable) may be awarded to a runner-up. Any portion of a Scholarship not accepted by winner shall be forfeited. Upon forfeiture, for any reason as stated in these Official Rules, no compensation will be given.
- SCHOLARSHIP GRAND PRIZE:
Two (2) Scholarship Winners will receive a one-time award of $1,000, net of applicable federal, state, and local taxes , and one-year unlimited subscription to all ES.AI tools (Retail Value: $480) (the "Scholarship"). The monetary Award will be paid directly to the student by Weber Shandwick within 60 days after the Scholarship Winners’ return of the Required Documents. The Award is intended for tuition or other educational needs the student has. No transfer or substitution of Scholarship elements will be permitted.
In the event the Scholarship cannot be awarded as described for any reason, including weather, fire, strike, acts of war or terrorism, epidemic, closure of venue, or any other condition beyond their control (a “Force Majeure Event”), Sponsor reserves the right to award an alternate Scholarship of equal or greater value to the Scholarship Winners with no further obligation to the Scholarship Winners.
All other costs associated with any Scholarship acceptance and use not specified herein as being provided are the sole responsibility of the winners. Scholarship Winners will receive an IRS Form 1099 for the full amount of the Award, inclusive of cash Scholarships and retail value of a one year unlimited subscription to ES.AI. Prize is awarded “as is” with no warranty or guarantee, either express or implied by Sponsor. Winner may not substitute, assign or transfer Scholarship or redeem any non-cash portion of the Scholarship for cash, but Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to substitute Scholarship (or portion thereof) with one of comparable or greater value.
- LICENSE/USE OF SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION ESSAY: By submitting a Scholarship Application and to the extent allowed by law, you grant the Sponsor, their affiliates, subsidiaries, and advertising and promotion agencies, and the respective officers, directors, shareholders, employees, agents and representatives of the forgoing (collectively, “Released Parties”) a perpetual, worldwide, royalty-free, non-exclusive, sub licensable, unconditional and transferable license to edit, modify, cut, rearrange, add to, delete from, reproduce, encode, store, modify, copy, transmit, publish, post, broadcast, display, adapt, exhibit and/or otherwise use or reuse your Scholarship Application essay and biographical material including, but not limited to, all materials submitted in connection with the Scholarship in any and all media, throughout the world, and in any manner, for trade, advertising, promotional, commercial, or any other purposes without further review, notice, approval, consideration, or compensation to applicant or any third party.
- GENERAL CONDITIONS: By participating, each applicant agrees: (a) to abide by these Official Rules and decisions of Sponsor and judges, which shall be final and binding in all respects relating to this Scholarship; (b) to release, discharge and hold harmless Released Parties from any and all injuries, liability, losses and damages of any kind to persons, including death, or property resulting, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from applicant’s participation in the Scholarship or any Scholarship-related activity or the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any awarded Scholarship; and (c) to the use of his/her name, voice, performance, photograph/video, image and/or likeness for programming, advertising, publicity and promotional purposes in any and all media, now or hereafter known, worldwide and on the Internet, and in perpetuity by Sponsor and its designees, without compensation (unless prohibited by law) or additional consents from applicant or any third party and without prior notice, approval or inspection, and to execute specific consent to such use if asked to do so. By participating, applicant also agrees not to release any publicity or other materials on their own or through someone else regarding their participation in the Scholarship without the prior consent of the Sponsor, which it may withhold in its sole discretion.
- MISCELLANEOUS: Released Parties are not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, damaged, inaccurate, stolen, delayed, misdirected, or undelivered Scholarship Applications; or for lost, interrupted or unavailable network, server, Internet Service Provider (ISP), website, or other connections, availability or accessibility or miscommunications or failed computer, satellite, telephone or cable transmissions, lines, or technical failure or jumbled, scrambled, delayed, or misdirected transmissions or computer hardware or software malfunctions, failures or difficulties, or other errors or difficulties of any kind whether human, mechanical, electronic, computer, network, typographical, printing or otherwise relating to or in connection with the Scholarship, including, without limitation, errors or difficulties which may occur in connection with the administration of the Scholarship, the processing or judging of Scholarship Applications, the announcement of the Scholarships, the incorrect posting of any essay or in any Scholarship-related materials. Released Parties are also not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by site users, tampering, hacking, or by any equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Scholarship. Released Parties are not responsible for injury or damage to any person's computer related to or resulting from participating in this Scholarship or downloading materials from or use of the website. Persons who tamper with or abuse any aspect of the Scholarship or website, who act in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner or who are in violation of these Official Rules, as solely determined by Sponsor, will be disqualified and all associated Scholarship Applications will be void. Should any portion of the Scholarship be, in Sponsor’s sole opinion, compromised by virus, worms, bugs, non-authorized human intervention or other causes which, in the sole opinion of the Sponsor, corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness or proper play, or Scholarship Applications, Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to suspend, modify or terminate the Scholarship and, if terminated, at its discretion, determine the potential winner for the Contest Grand Prize from all eligible, non-suspect Scholarship Applications received prior to action taken using the judging criteria specified above and select the potential Contest Grand Prize winners from all eligible, non-suspect Scholarship Applications received prior to action taken. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SCHOLARSHIP MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK ANY AND ALL REMEDIES AVAILABLE FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION.
- DISPUTES: THIS SCHOLARSHIP IS GOVERNED BY, AND WILL BE CONSTRUED IN ACCORDANCE WITH, THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF NEW YORK, AND THE FORUM AND VENUE FOR ANY DISPUTE SHALL BE RESOLVED IN THE STATE OF NEW YORK IN A COURT OF COMPETENT JURISDICTION. ALL PROCEEDINGS BROUGHT PURSUANT TO THIS PARAGRAPH WILL BE CONDUCTED IN NEW YORK, NEW YORK. THE REMEDY FOR ANY CLAIM SHALL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL DAMAGES, AND IN NO EVENT SHALL ANY PARTY BE ENTITLED TO RECOVER PUNITIVE, EXEMPLARY, CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES OR HAVE DAMAGES MULTIPLIED OR OTHERWISE INCREASED, INCLUDING ATTORNEYS’ FEES OR OTHER SUCH RELATED COSTS OF BRINGING A CLAIM, OR TO RESCIND THIS AGREEMENT OR SEEK INJUNCTIVE OR ANY OTHER EQUITABLE RELIEF. APPLICANTS AGREE THAT THE RIGHTS AND OBLIGATIONS OF ANY APPLICANT AND/OR PROMOTION ENTITIES AND/OR ANY OTHER PARTY SHALL BE RESOLVED INDIVIDUALLY, WITHOUT RESORT TO ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTION.
- PRIVACY: The information submitted by applicants will be available to Weber Shandwick and ES.AI. Except where prohibited by law, by entering this Scholarship, you agree that Weber Shandwick and ES.AI may use the information you provide to contact you from time to time regarding special offers and promotions it thinks may be of interest to you and for other marketing and business purposes.
- WINNERS’ LIST: For the Scholarship Winner’s name, send an email titled “Weber Shandwick + ES.AI Scholarship Winner’s List” to email@example.com before December 1, 2023.
© 2023 IPG DXTRA, Inc.
Introducing the Weber Shandwick Scholarship, brought to you by ES.AI. We believe that all students deserve a fair chance at accessing higher education and professional opportunities — and technology can help make that possible. We want to hear from students who also believe in this mission and help make their dreams a reality. No grade requirements, no test scores, just your ideas. Details below. Terms and Conditions here.
What is the Weber Shandwick Scholarship?
This is a $1,000 scholarship that can be put toward your future college tuition or any educational needs! Winners will also receive one year of free access to all ES.AI tools (a $480 value).
Who can apply?
The Weber Shandwick Scholarship is currently accepting applications from rising high school seniors, AKA the class of 2024, and anyone currently enrolled in an undergraduate college or university.
What do I have to do?
The Weber Shandwick Scholarship is not merit based, so you don't need to submit any grades or test scores. All you have to do is write one 400-600 word essay. And yes, you can use ES.AI tools to assist in your process!
What's the essay prompt?
Your essay should address the following question: "How can emerging technology contribute to a more fair, accessible, or inclusive world?"
When is the app due?
The Weber Shandwick Scholarship application is now live and will be accepting student submissions until November 27, 2023. Winners will be notified by December 15, 2023.